Stapley Educational Trust Grant
Sir Richard Stapley Educational TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: £400 - £1,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Age restriction: At least 25 years of ageView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Trust funds students pursuing degrees in medicine, dentistry and veterinary studies and postgraduate degree students from all fields of study. Applications are welcome from students beginning their first year of study, as well as from those already embarked on their degree course.
Awards are competitive and made on the basis of academic merit and financial need. All grants are awarded for a full year of academic study and for one year only. Applicants for full time postgraduate degree courses may be supported for up to a maximum of three years, but new applications must be submitted each year. Part-time postgraduate courses can be funded for a maximum of six years, but new applications have to be submitted each year.
Grants are normally from £400 to £1,000 in value. They are intended to cover the shortfall incurred by educational and subsistence expenses upon payment of tuition fees. Before award money can be released, applicants must confirm any other grants obtained, and their amounts. Should a successful applicant have received a major award, or additional money from other granting bodies equivalent to a major award, the grant awarded from the Stapley Trust may be reduced or withdrawn.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to be eligible to apply for a grant, you must be:
- Over the age of 24 on 01 October of the proposed year of study.
- Either accepted on, or applying for a place on a degree course in medicine, dentistry or veterinary studies taken as a second degree, or accepted on, or applying for a full- or part-time place on a Masters or Doctoral degree programme in any discipline, at a UK university.
- Already resident in the UK at the time of application, and resident in the UK during the course of study.
- Be facing demonstrable financial need in the academic year for which funding is applied (details about how this is calculated are in the application pack).
- Post-graduate students Or those applying for post-graduate courses
- If you are a postgraduate student, or applying for a place on a postgraduate degree course, you must hold a first- or strong 2i honours degree (at least 65%) from a UK institution (or its equivalent from a non-UK institution) or hold a Masters degree from a UK institution, or its overseas equivalent.*
- We do accept applications from final year BA/BSc students, but the awarding of any grant is contingent upon the outcome of their first degree
- Please note that we do not fund the following:
- Student placements
- Diploma courses
- PGCE courses
- Professional training courses (e.g. Law Society, Royal College, examinations, PLAB tests)
- Students who have already been supported by the Trust for a postgraduate degree in another field
- Students currently holding a major award from another source (i.e. a grant intended to cover full fees and subsistence)
- Full-time PhD students beyond a third year of study
- Part-time PhD students beyond a sixth year of study
- Students already holding a major award cannot apply.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Stapley Educational Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.