Skyrail Rainforest Foundation Funding
Skyrail Rainforest Foundation
Grant amount: Up to A $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 13, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Australia
Location of residency: AustraliaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Skyrail Rainforest Foundation is proud to have supported research projects from a vast array of rainforest focussed genres for more than 10 years. This support has enabled many students to complete or further their studies and, ultimately, has contributed to the collective knowledge gathered on the subject of tropical rainforests.
Eligible students can now apply to access up to $5000 for PhD and Research Masters projects and up to $2000 for Honours projects, Graduate Diploma in Research Methods projects and other Masters course work where there is a strong research component. Students will be required to share their progress on a regular basis and also provide the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation with a summary of their research once completed. This information may form the basis of local news and/or social media articles.
Well conceived projects that meet the focus and objectives of the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation for the current round of funding, and that demonstrate scientific rigour and innovative research while addressing gaps in or adding to current knowledge, will be viewed favourably. Special consideration will be given to collaborative or partnership approaches where the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation funding enhances the outcomes and intrinsic value of a project. The most beneficial use of funds, for example the purchase of minor items of equipment that can provide multiple use, field data collection and analysis of data, is preferred.
Focus for current funding round
For this round of funding, the Foundation would particularly encourage applications that address the following concerns:
- Conservation and Development interactions and trade offs;
- Invasive pests and pathogens in the Wet Tropics Rainforest;
- Ecosystem dynamics and climatic influences to inform conservation management.
Successful project applications will align with the Foundation objective of supporting:
- Pure research aimed at understanding rainforest flora and fauna, ecosystems, processes and biological interactions;
- Applied research aimed at improved management and use of rainforest environments around the world;
- Education and communication to improve global understanding and appreciation of tropical rainforest environments; contributing to greater awareness and improved management and protection
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organisations or individuals are invited to submit funding applications for projects that meet the Foundation’s objectives
- The funding favours projects with a specific focus on the impacts on flora and fauna, ecosystem recovery, revegetation, and ongoing management programs for Australia's Tropical Rainforests and protection of rare, threatened and vulnerable species and regional ecosystems.
- Projects that also address impacts, recovery and threat abatement, for example; weed and pest incursion of rainforest ecosystems following Severe Tropical Cyclones, will be particularly welcome.
- Air travel, conferences and food will not be funded.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.