SLOCCF: Community Needs Grant Program
San Luis Obispo County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2021 5:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Fields of work: Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Health Care Access & Delivery Preventative Healthcare Primary Health Care Freshwater Conservation Land/Habitat Conservation Forestry Renewable/Sustainable Energy Sustainability Sustainable Agriculture & Agroecology Climate Change Resilience Environmental Education Historic Preservation History Art & Culture Disability Care & Services Senior Services Homelessness Services Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: San Luis Obispo County, California
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Community Needs Grant Program
The primary goal of the 2019 Grants Program is to provide funding for agencies and programs that directly address community needs gathered through local needs assessments and other sources. Through the Community Needs Grant program, the Foundation brings together multiple funds to respond to current needs in the county and support to local nonprofit organizations in achieving their missions. The Foundation will consider proposals that address one of the following community needs with a focus on direct services.
- Arts & Culture - supporting programs which promote creation, engagement, and appreciation of diverse forms of arts and/or understanding of local history. The maximum grant award in this concentration will be $10,000.
- Environment - implementation of programs focused on education and sustainability that includes efforts focused on climate mitigation, sustainable agriculture and forestry, water and land conservation. The maximum grant award in this concentration will be $5,000.
- Human Services - improving the quality of life by providing for basic needs and social service programs, focusing on direct services. The maximum grant award in this concentration will be $10,000.
- Senior Dances - funding is designated for organizations/programs providing social interaction and community building focused on seniors, through music and dancing. If awarded the funds can only be used to pay for musician(s) providing live entertainment. The maximum grant award in this concentration will be $10,000.
- Seniors and People with Disabilities - funding is designated for organizations/programs providing direct services for individuals with disabilities and/or seniors. The maximum grant award in this concentration will be $10,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County supports charitable organizations whose programs primarily benefit San Luis Obispo County residents.
- An organization must have a current tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) and/or 509(a)1 or a current memorandum of understanding outlining fiscal sponsorship partnership to apply.
- The Community Foundation San Luis Obispo County does not make grants to/for:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race or religion
- Fraternal Organizations, unless in support of a specific program open to or benefiting the entire community
- Governmental Organizations
- Indirect Administrative costs greater than 15% of the awarded funds (indirect administrative funds are defined as office supplies and do not include staff time)
- Fundraising events such as annual campaigns, walk-a-thons, tournaments, fashion shows, auctions or dinners
- Organizations with religious affiliations unless the program is open to the entire community without regard to religious beliefs
- Organizations and programs designed to elect candidates to public office
- Organizations located outside San Luis Obispo County unless for a specific program benefiting residents of-and conducted within-San Luis Obispo County
- Pay off past debts or existing obligations
- Endowment funds
- Scholarships, fellowships, travel grants and technical or specialized research