Small Arts & Culture Grants
Oregon Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 1, 2019 11:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Recent research revealed that of the 1,468 registered arts and culture nonprofit organizations in Oregon, more than 60 percent have budgets under $100,000. Although these organizations are central to the vitality of Oregon’s communities, they are often not eligible or competitive for traditional grant programs from many foundations. In response to this need, OCF will invest $300,000 annually for five years to support small community-driven arts and culture organizations.
One-year grants of $1,000 to $5,000 will be available to arts and culture organizations with operating budgets under $100,000. Funds are being allocated to each of Oregon’s 8 regions based on the number of arts organizations and population.
The purpose of the Small Arts and Culture Grant Program is to make funds available to very small organizations that might ordinarily have difficulty attracting philanthropic support.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to be eligible organizations must:
- Be incorporated with a mission identifying arts and/or culture as a priority reason for the organization’s existence.
- Be a certified 501(c)3 tax exempt organization in good standing with the IRS.
- Fiscal sponsorships are allowed.
- Be headquartered in Oregon.
- Document that the cash expenses of the organization during the most recently completed fiscal year were less than $100,000.
- Submit a complete grant application online through OCF’s website.
- Be prepared to use the awarded funds completely within one year of receipt.
- Submit only one application per year for no less than $1,000 and no more than $5,000.
- For the purpose of this project, eligible organizations are being defined as follows:
- Arts and Culture Organization: an organization with a mission that states that it is organized primarily for the purpose of producing, promoting or presenting the arts, heritage and humanities to the public or organized primarily for identifying, documenting, interpreting and preserving cultural resources.
- Cultural Coalitions: organizations formally recognized by the Oregon Cultural Trust. One official cultural coalition serves each county in Oregon.
- Ineligible Expenses/Activities
- Lobbying to influence legislation
- Religious activities
- Academic scholarships
- Purchases or activities that occur prior to grant decisions
- Debt reduction
- Endowment funding
- Exclusionary practices or messages
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Small Arts & Culture Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.