Small Arts & Culture Grants
Oregon Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Deadline: May 15, 2020 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Oregon
Location of residency: OregonView website Save
About this funder:
A 2014 survey revealed that of the 1,884 registered arts and culture nonprofits in Oregon, 61% have budgets under $100,000. Although these organizations are central to the vitality of Oregon’s communities, they are often not eligible or competitive for traditional grant programs.
In response to this need, OCF announces the sixth year of the Small Arts and Culture Grants Program. Over the next three years (2019-2021), OCF will invest $350,000 annually to support small community-driven arts and culture organizations.
One-year grants of $1,000 to $5,000 for general operating support are available to arts and culture organizations with operating budgets under $100,000. Funds will be allocated to each of Oregon’s eight regions based on population and the number of applications received from each region (see page 3 of the RFP for more information on regional allocations).
Applications for this grant program will be reviewed by volunteers representing each region of Oregon, and decisions will be made independently in those regions. The application process and reporting requirements were designed to be relatively simple in recognition that many small organizations are run by volunteers with little staffing infrastructure or grantwriting expertise.
Scope of Proposal Sought
The Small Arts and Culture Grants Program supports a wide range of cultural and artistic organizations that enrich the lives of Oregonians and Oregon communities. The current three-year grant initiative will continue to focus on general operating support to allow organizations to dictate how best to use funds to advance their mission. Operating support grants are intended to support the core, ongoing operations and programs of an organization, including staffing, administration, outreach, marketing, overhead and/or programming expenses.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible, organizations must:
- Be incorporated with a mission identifying arts and culture as a priority reason for the organization’s existence.
- Be a certified 501(c)3 tax exempt organization in good standing with the IRS.
- Be headquartered in Oregon.
- Document that the cash expenses of the organization during the most recently completed fiscal year were less than $100,000.
- Submit a complete grant application online through OCF’s website.
- Be prepared to use the awarded funds completely within one year of receipt.
- Submit only one application per year for no less than $1,000 and no more than $5,000.
- Preference will be given to applications that:
- Have not previously been funded by this program.
- Represent a diverse range of geography, urban/rural communities and organizations led by and serving historically underrepresented groups.
- Ineligible Expenses/Activities
- Lobbying to influence legislation
- Religious activities
- Academic scholarships
- Purchases or activities that occur prior to grant decisions
- Debt reduction
- Endowment funding
- Exclusionary practices or messages
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Small Arts & Culture Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.