Feline & Canine Grants: First Award
Morris Animal FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $108,000
Deadline: Mar 11, 2020 1:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Research Scientist Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of Morris Animal Foundation (MAF) is to bridge science and resources to advance the health of animals. To achieve this aim, we fund hypothesis-driven, humane animal health research projects with high scientific merit and the potential for significant impact on animal health.
First Award grants are designed to assist new faculty in establishing a successful research program.
Proposals should be designed to convince the reviewers that the proposed project will advance the science of animal health; the investigator clearly understands the health problem and has the expertise to conduct the study; and the approach is scientifically sound.
Application Limits: MAF permits a maximum of two applications as Principal Investigator per year.
Resubmissions: A proposal that is not approved for funding can be re-submitted a maximum of two times (three total submissions to MAF).
Budget: The budget cannot exceed $54,000 per year ($50,000 per year, plus 8 percent for indirect costs if charged by your institution).
Duration: The maximum study duration is two years.
Mentor: Must have the support of a faculty mentor in the applicant’s field
We welcome proposals on any topic that advances feline health. This cycle, additional funding is also available for proposals pertaining to:
- Prevention, treatment and diagnosis of heartworm disease in cats.
Please note that proposals pertaining to this special area of interest are still evaluated and ranked with the main pool of proposals.
We welcome proposals on any topic that advances canine health. This cycle, additional funding is also available for proposals pertaining to:
- All aspects of heart disease in Doberman pinschers.
- Appropriate dosing of CBD-rich hemp oil used for pain management in dogs.
- Prevention, treatment and diagnosis of heartworm disease in dogs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must have a DVM and/or PhD.
- Must have a full-time, permanent position in a university, accredited zoo or conservation organization.
- Postdoctoral researchers should be completing their program and proposing research intended to be conducted in a permanent full-time position.
- Must not have received previous funding as a principal investigator or co-principal investigator for more than $20,000 for any single extramural award.
- Previous funding as a co-investigator is acceptable.
- Health Study Policy: Projects must adhere to MAF’s Health Study Policy for Animals Involved in Research.
- Projects oriented toward human health and agricultural animal health do not fall within Morris Animal Foundation's mission and will not be accepted.
- Individuals currently in a residency program are not eligible for this award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Feline & Canine Grants: First Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.