Small Grants for Small Children
Adirondack FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $100 - US $500
Fields of work: Child Care Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New York: Clinton County, Essex County, Franklin County
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Clinton County, Essex County, Franklin CountyView website Save
About this funder:
The Adirondack Birth to Three Alliance (BT3), a program of Adirondack Foundation, is a coalition of organizations, agencies, and private funders working together to ensure all of our young children are healthy, learning, and thriving in families that are supported by a full complement of services and resources essential for success in school and life.
Small Grants for Small Children is supporting BT3’s work by making grants available to licensed child care centers and in-home family care providers to support the highest standards of care for our children.
Modifications to Small Grants for Small Children Fund in response to COVID-19.
Given the extraordinary circumstances of the novel coronavirus pandemic and in an effort to better assist both child care centers and in-home providers during this time of crisis, the Small Grants for Small Children Fund will make grants between $100 - $1,000 and has modified the eligibility guidelines to offer grant support for the following:
- Operating support to assist with lost income
- Expenses to support increased capacity
- Tuition assistance for affected families
- Other unanticipated needs
- Providers can apply more than once-a-year
We will work to process your requests quickly in order to assist providers as efficiently as possible during this difficult time of need.
Traditional grants will also be made to support:
- Professional training for providers.
- Travel expenses for training
- Equipment such as toys, fences, education resources, etc.
- Tools for enrichment and engagement
- Other early care provider needs
Adirondack Foundation’s policy remains that in order to receive grants from the Small Grants for Small Children Fund, recipients must be found in statutory and regulatory compliance at all inspections by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This is a funding program for child care providers in Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties including the St. Regis Mohawk Reservation.
- Preference will be given to caregivers participating in QUALITYstarsNY.
- Grants will not support:
- Containment equipment (car seats, high chairs, bouncy seats, play pens, porta cribs, strollers, swings etc.)
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”