International Capacity Building Fund
Society for Applied Microbiology
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Research, Capital Project
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Micronesia; Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Costa Rica; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guinea; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States Of; Mongolia; Montenegro; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palau; Palestine, State of; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Romania; Rwanda; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Vietnam; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This fund is a combination of the previous Endangered Culture Collection Fund and Overseas Development Award. The purpose of the International Capacity Building (ICB) Fund is to provide resources to enhance education and training of applied microbiology in developing countries.
Below are a few examples of situations which may be applicable for the ICB Fund:
- SfAM members wishing to visit overseas laboratories and other facilities in developing countries. During the visit lectures and other educational activities will be undertaken.
- SfAM members resident and working in developing countries wanting to visit appropriate laboratories to receive training in areas of applied microbiology.
- SfAM members wanting to visit sites where it has clearly been identified that an important culture collection is in danger of being lost due to lack of resources. The member will provide training and advice to preserve the culture collection either in situ or within the country of origin.
Under normal circumstances a maximum of £5000 (or equivalent in Euro or US Dollars) will be available for an individual award. Expenses will strictly be paid only on production of relevant receipts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have been a Full Ordinary Member of the Society for at least three years or have their application sponsored by such a member. E-affiliate Members are particularly encouraged to apply via this route.
- Any application to visit a facility or laboratory must be accompanied by a letter of support from that institution.
- Applications must include an estimate of costs.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they have sufficient funds available to cover the full cost of the visit until reimbursement is made to them by the Society.
- Applications will be considered at any time during the calendar year and should in the first instance be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and the Society office.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Applicants can only apply once in a 24 month period.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the International Capacity Building Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.