International Capacity Building Fund Grant
Society for Applied MicrobiologySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Conference, Education / Outreach
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Micronesia; Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Bulgaria; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The; Costa Rica; Cuba; Côte D'Ivoire; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guinea; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran, Islamic Republic Of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of; Lao People's Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mayotte; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States Of; Mongolia; Montenegro; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Pakistan; Palau; Palestine, State of; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Romania; Rwanda; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent And The Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Serbia; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Vietnam; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe Show all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
The purpose of the International Capacity Building (ICB) Fund is to provide resources to enhance education and training of applied microbiology in developing countries.
Below are a few examples of situations which may be applicable for the ICB Fund:
- SfAM members wishing to visit overseas laboratories and other facilities in developing countries. During the visit lectures and other educational activities will be undertaken.
- SfAM members resident and working in developing countries wanting to visit appropriate laboratories to receive training in areas of applied microbiology.
- SfAM members wanting to visit sites where it has clearly been identified that an important culture collection is in danger of being lost due to lack of resources. The member will provide training and advice to preserve the culture collection either in situ or within the country of origin.
Under normal circumstances a maximum of £5000 (or equivalent in Euro or US Dollars) will be available for an individual award.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be existing Full or International Members of the Society and have been so for at least the last three years, or have their application sponsored by such a member.
- Applications to visit a facility or laboratory, must be accompanied by a letter of support from that institution including full contact details.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be existing Full or International Members of the Society and have been so for at least the last three years, or have their application sponsored by such a member.
- Applicants can only apply once in a 24 month period.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the International Capacity Building Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.