New Lecturer Research Grant
Society for Applied Microbiology
Grant amount: Up to £10,000
Deadline: Apr 30, 2019
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This grant is normally available for newly appointed lecturers, in their first permanent academic appointment in a Higher Education Institute, to pump-prime their microbiological research. It will normally not be awarded to applicants who have already received a major research grant from other sources. Applicants should be current Full Members of SfAM and have been so for at least two years prior to their application. Funding of up to £10,000 is available to a successful applicant.
Applicants can apply for this grant within three years of the start date of their first appointment. Applicants need not necessarily be in a ‘Microbiology’ lecturer post but their research field and proposed project should be in the field of Applied Microbiology. This grant is not available to Research Fellows or Postdoctoral Researchers. Applicants must enclose a CV with their application. The closing date for applications is 30 September each year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only applications from academics in their first academic appointment in a Higher Education Institute will be considered for this award.
- Applicants should apply within three years of the start date of their appointment.
- Applicants must have been a Full Member of SfAM for at least two years to be eligible to apply.
- Applicants must apply at least eight weeks before the proposed start of any project.
- A successful candidate will receive funds payable to their institution only. Claims for reimbursement must be made every 3-4 months and be completed within 15 months from the date of the award. Claims made after this period will not be paid.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- SfAM will not fund the full economic cost of research.
- A successful applicant cannot re-apply to the fund.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the New Lecturer Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.