President's Fund Grant
Society for Applied MicrobiologySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,200
Next deadline: Apr 15, 2019
Later deadlines: Jul 15, 2019, Oct 15, 2019, Jan 17, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: January deadline includes grant applications for SfAM & FEMS Congress. Events applied for MUST start at least six weeks after the application deadline.
The Society for Applied Microbiology is one of the world's leading microbiology societies. It is recognised internationally for the support it provides the microbiological community, the scientific integrity and quality of its academic journals and its accurate and evidence-based communications.
The President's Fund
The President’s Fund provides limited grants to Full, ECS, International and Life Members to assist them to present at scientific meetings or attend workshops related to their area of work.
The maximum amount available for the grant is £1200, which will cover conference registration fees, accommodation (where it is not provided with the event), visa applications and reasonable travel costs. Applicants may be required to fund other items of expenditure themselves. There will be ONE reimbursement of payment made which will be for the total claim.
For events where meals are not provided, meals may be claimed at a maximum rate of £15.00 per head for lunch, and £25.00 per head for evening dinner. Alcoholic drinks are at your own expense, and all original receipts must be included with your claim.
Any additional funding applied for, or awarded, must be declared to the Society and will be taken into consideration when the final claim for reimbursement is made.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applicant must be an existing Full, ECS, International or Life Member of the Society and have been so for a minimum of 12 months and have paid their second consecutive subscription to be eligible to apply (subscription payments do not apply to Life Members).
- Applicants must contribute to the conference they are attending via poster or oral presentation and must display the logo of the Society for Applied Microbiology on any presentation.
- Applications must include proof of paper/abstract acceptance and a copy of the abstract.
- Applications from ECS members who are students must be supported by their supervisor(s).
- Applications which are not supported will be automatically rejected
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Preference will be given to Members who have not received this award previously
- A successful applicant cannot re-apply to the President's Fund Grant for THREE years from the date of application for the President’s Fund.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the President's Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.