Registration Fees Grant
Society for Applied MicrobiologySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £600
Fields of work: Microbiology
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
NOTE: There is no deadline for applications for this grant. All applications will be processed upon receipt of the form by the Society office. Applications must be received by the Society FOUR weeks in advance of the event.
The purpose of the Registration Fees Grant is to support members to attend an applied microbiology scientific meeting within the member’s country of residence. These costs are limited to registration fees only to a maximum of £300. This grant is available to all members including those currently on maternity/paternity leave.
For applicants with home responsibilities, an additional £300 may be awarded in the form of a Care Giver Support Grant, available to help cover costs of child/dependent care whilst attending an event. The Care Giver Support grant can be awarded separately or in conjunction with the Registration Fee Grant. A separate application must be made for this award.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applicant must be an existing Full, ECS, International or Life Member of the Society and have been so for a minimum of 12 months, and have paid their second consecutive subscription to be eligible to apply (subscription payments do not apply to Life Members)
- The maximum amount available for the grant is £300.
- The grant will cover conference registration fees only, to enable applicants to attend a one day scientific event within their country of residence.
- The amount of the grant must cover at least 50% of the total cost of registration.
- Any additional funding applied for or awarded must be declared to the Society and will be taken into consideration when the final claim for reimbursement is made.
- Members wishing to attend scientific meetings with an applied microbiology theme, including all SfAM events, will be considered for this award.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”