SfAM Event Support Grant (Lecture)
Society for Applied MicrobiologySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £500
Applicant type: Research Scientist Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Event Support Grant is available to Full, International, ECS or Life Members wanting financial support to provide a lecture, or lecture series. These lectures may be organised by local or national groups with a special interest in applied microbiology. The grant is aimed at supporting the promotion of the science of applied microbiology at a local level as well as providing a networking opportunity for established scientists and students working in applied microbiology.
Costs will normally be paid retrospectively following verification of all original receipts by the Society office. The applicant must complete an expense claim form (available from the Society). Expenses will be paid in one instalment after the lecture or meeting on production of original receipts. No payments will be made without this documentation.
Successful applicants must submit their claim for reimbursement within three months from the date of the lecture or meeting. Reimbursement of expenses will only be paid by bank transfer directly into the group's bank account normally in GB Pounds Sterling, Euro, US/Canadian/Australian Dollars, or by cheque (UK or Euro). Under no circumstances will intermediary banks be used.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applicant/main organiser must be an existing Full, International or ECS Member of SfAM and have been so for a minimum of 12 months and have paid their second consecutive subscription to be eligible to apply.
- Life Members may also apply.
- Applicants must clearly explain why they are applying for this grant and how it will benefit the applied microbiology community.
- The grant will cover reasonable speaker expenses, including travel and if necessary one night’s hotel accommodation, and other associated costs of the lecture.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Normally a member may not apply for a further Event Support Grant for two years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SfAM Event Support Grant (Lecture) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.