SfAM Small Event Sponsorship
Society for Applied MicrobiologySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £200
Fields of work: Microbiology
Applicant type: Research Scientist, Faculty, Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
We can sponsor events in applied microbiology, such as a 1-day meetings, workshops or lectures related to the Society’s objectives. You can apply for support towards event expenses, such as the cost of refreshments, technology hire charges, interpreters, etc.
Sponsorship recipients are required to advertise SfAM as sponsors of the event and indicate clearly what type of publicity they will be able to offer SfAM at the event.
Small Event Sponsorship is open to any current member of the Society, regardless of their geographical location, but to be eligible you must have been a member for a minimum of 12 months at the time of making a grant application. Only one successful application for Small Event Sponsorship is permitted in a six month period.
Applications must be received at least 6-weeks prior to the event. Reimbursement of expenses will only be paid by bank transfer directly into the bank account, normally in GB pounds sterling, euro, US/Canadian/Australian dollars. Under no circumstances will intermediary banks be used.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applicant must be an existing Full, ECS, Life or International Member of the Society and have been so for a minimum of 12 months.
- Applicants must clearly explain why they are applying for this grant and how it will benefit the applied microbiology community.
- The applicant must complete an expense claim form (available from the Society), which must be received by the Society within 6 weeks of the event, along with all relevant ORIGINAL receipts to support the claim.
- This should also include a copy of the attendance certificate.
- No payment will be made without this documentation.
- The Society must be acknowledged in the event.
- Sponsored lectures must appear in the programme as ‘The Society for Applied Microbiology’ lecture.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- A member may not apply for further Small Event Sponsorship within 6 months of previous application date.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”