Neuroscience Scholars Program
Society for Neuroscience
Grant amount: US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: May 23, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Scholarship, Conference, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Exclusive to minorities: YesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Neuroscience Scholars Program strives to build the capacity of underrepresented graduate and postdoctoral researchers to cultivate long-term success through mentoring and networking, professional skill development, and educational programming.
The Neuroscience Scholars Program is a two-year training program open to underrepresented graduate students and postdoctoral researchers. Building on the 30 year history of NSP, the program supports annual travel awards, mentoring, and the professional development of up to 15 candidates known as NSP Fellows.
In addition, all eligible applicants will be invited to become NSP Associates, including those selected as NSP Fellows. The extensive two-year training program provides live events and webinars, a rich library of educational resources, and an online diversity affinity group of NSP mentors and alumni for seeking career connections and guidance. Events, webinars, and resources will focus on career advancement issues, topics related to research process, and cutting edge scientific content.
Neuroscience Scholars Program Fellows
In addition to the NSP Associates program, up to 15 applicants will be selected as NSP Fellows.
Features of the NSP Fellows program include:
- A mentoring team consisting of a senior mentor, a peer mentor, and a member of the Diversity in Neuroscience Subcommittee to discuss fellow’s research, career plans, and overall experience
- Two years of complimentary SfN membership
- Travel award to attend the SfN annual meeting each fall
- An annual travel award of $1,500 to support allowed professional development activities
Neuroscience Scholars Program Associates
All eligible applicants will be invited to become NSP Associates, an extensive two-year training program that provides live events and webinars. Features of the NSP Associates program include:
- An online diversity affinity group of NSP mentors and alumni for seeking career connections and guidance
- Webinars and resources that focus on career advancement issues, topics related to research process, and cutting edge scientific content
- The opportunity to present research at the Diversity Poster Session and attend the Diversity Reception at the annual meeting.
At the conclusion of the training program, those who have successfully completed the online training components will receive a certificate of completion.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Enrolled in a graduate degree-granting program or postdoctoral fellowship
- According to the guidelines of the National Institues of Health, candidates must be from a group recognized as underrepresented in the biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences.
- These include Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders and individuals with disabilities, defined as physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Neuroscience Scholars Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.