Society for Organic Petrology: Student Travel Award
Society for Organic PetrologySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $750
Deadline: Jun 1, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Society for Organic Petrology is a non profit organization for scientists and engineers involved with coal petrology, kerogen petrology, organic geochemistry and related disciplines. The objectives of the Society, as listed in its bylaws are:
- to promote research in organic petrology among members, and among scientific disciplines;
- to provide educational opportunities in organic petrology;
- to work for acceptable classifications of all types of sedimentary organic matter;
- to promote state-of-the-art technologies in organic petrology;
- to enhance professional and scientific interactions among all scientists and engineers; and
- to inspire the highest standard of professional ethics of its members.
To accomplish these objectives, TSOP sponsors annual meetings, field trips, and short courses, publishes a quarterly newsletter, research reports and other scholarly works, organizes and supports collaborative research projects.
The Student Travel Award is designed to support student attendance at the annual TSOP meetings.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Student Travel Award is open to students who have submitted an abstract for presentation (either an oral or poster) at the annual TSOP meeting.
- The abstract has to be accepted for the presentation.
- Monetary awards are to be applied to expenses directly related to travel to attend a TSOP Annual Meeting.
- Funds should not be used to fund research, purchase capital equipment, to pay salaries, tuition, room, or board during the school year.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Society for Organic Petrology: Student Travel Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.