SAF Technology Transfer Award
Society of American Foresters (SAF)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,500
Deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding achievement in technology transfer, implementation and extension by an SAF member as evidenced in the recipient's career or involvement in SAF Working Group/Science Program activities. Enhancing the practice of forestry that is based on good science is a foundation principle of SAF. Technology transfer is critical to assuring that sound technical information becomes available to those concerned with the management and conservation of forest resources.
The award includes a honorarium of $1,000, a complimentary SAF convention registration and up to $500 to offset travel expenses. The award is presented during an awards ceremony at the SAF national convention.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nominees must meet all of the following criteria:
- Leadership: Nominees shall be acknowledged leaders who have demonstrated initiative in addressing technology transfer issues. This leadership can be demonstrated in employment or in SAF Working Group/Science Program activities.
- Impact: As a direct result of their technology transfer activities, nominees shall have affected significantly the manner in which forestry and associated activities are practiced.
- Innovation: Nominees shall have a history of innovative approaches to the challenge of technology transfer and shall have demonstrated the ability to use a variety of techniques to transfer information.
- Quality: Nominees shall have completed work of the highest quality and demonstrated strict adherence to high professional standards.
- Level of Activity: Nominees shall have a sustained record of accomplishments related to technology transfer and must be active at the time the award is given.
- Scope: Nominees shall have had a regional, national, or global impact as a result of their work. Highly specific activities that influence a limited area, while of significant value, are generally not considered adequate to meet this criteria.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Nominees need to be active members of the Society of American Foresters.
- Posthumous nominations and nominations of retired individuals will not be considered.
- Nominees shall not have won any other SAF national science awards within five years of this nomination.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SAF Technology Transfer Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.