SHC Student Research Grant
Society of Herbarium CuratorsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $250 - US $500
Deadline: Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
This grant is intended for research that contributes to or uses herbarium resources in ways that augment the collections.
Research on any taxa typically accessioned in herbaria including all plant, fungal, lichen, and algal lineages is eligible. Supported activities could include, but are not limited to, fieldwork to generate vouchers for revisionary or floristic work, collecting morphological data from specimens, traveling to herbaria, or making and distributing physical specimens.
Thus, students’ overarching research could include molecular approaches but the merit of the proposal would be based on the ability of the work to contribute to building or improving herbarium resources. Additionally, meta-analysis of herbarium data would also be eligible, provided that a component of the research includes direct study of specimens.
Three grants will be awarded annually:
- Two for $500
- One (undergraduates only) for $250
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research on any taxa typically accessioned in herbaria including all plant, fungal, lichen, and algal lineages is eligible.
- Meta-analysis of herbarium data would also be eligible, provided that a component of the research includes direct study of specimens.
- Undergraduate and graduate student SHC members may apply.
- It is expected that only student research projects with the clear potential to lead to publication will be competitive.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Both the student and the student’s research advisor, who should provide a letter of recommendation, must be members of SHC at the time of application.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SHC Student Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.