Society of Toxicology: Bern Schwetz Student Travel Award
Society of Toxicology
Grant amount: Approximately US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: District of Columbia, Maryland, VirginiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Society of Toxicology
Founded in 1961, the Society of Toxicology (SOT) is a professional and scholarly organization of scientists from academic institutions, government, and industry representing the great variety of scientists who practice toxicology in the US and abroad. The Society’s mission is to create a safer and healthier world by advancing the science and increasing the impact of toxicology.
SOT operates under the guiding principles of:
- Serving the needs of the scientific discipline and our members to enhance human, animal, and environmental health
- Life-long learning and intellectual scientific stimulation
- Diversity of representation in all activities of the Society
SOT is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all of its activities. We assert that diversity and inclusiveness include many factors, such as gender, race/ethnicity, employment sector, nationality, geographic location, physical ability, and scientific expertise and perspective. Embracing diversity and optimizing inclusion maximizes the range of creativity and innovation in our Society and our science.
Bern Schwetz Student Travel Award
The National Capital Area Chapter (NCAC-SOT) makes travel awards to support students presenting at the annual Society of Toxicology meeting. Winner Receives a cash award to support travel to attend the SOT Annual meeting.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be:
- enrolled full-time in a graduate or post-graduate program within the NCAC-SOT region (MD, VA, DC)
- presenting research at the upcoming SOT Annual Meeting
- a student member of NCAC-SOT with a mentor who is a member of SOT and/or NCAC-SOT
- not receiving a concurrent travel award from National SOT or Specialty Sections
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Must be a student member of NCAC-SOT with a mentor who is a member of SOT and/or NCAC-SOT; students are eligible if they apply for membership in conjunction with registration for the SOT meeting.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Society of Toxicology: Bern Schwetz Student Travel Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.