Patterson Memorial Grant
Society of Vertebrate PaleontologySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,500
Deadline: May 9, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded in 1940, the society now has more than 2,300 members representing professionals, students, artists, preparators, and others interested in vertebrate paleontology. The society is organized exclusively for educational and scientific purposes.
The purpose of this Society is to:
- advance the science of vertebrate paleontology throughout the world;
- serve the common interests and facilitate the cooperation of all persons concerned with the history, evolution, ecology, comparative anatomy and taxonomy of vertebrate animals, as well as the field occurrence, collection and study of fossil vertebrates and the stratigraphy of the beds in which they are found;
- support and encourage the discovery, conservation, and protection of vertebrate fossils and fossil sites;
- foster the scientific, educational, and personal appreciation and understanding of vertebrate fossils and fossil sites by avocational, student and professional paleontologists and the general public.
The purpose of this award, named in honor of Dr. Bryan Patterson, is to support student field work in Vertebrate Paleontology. Particular consideration is given to proposals for field work that are innovative rather than routine, venturesome rather than predictable, unusual rather than run-of-the-mill. Learn more about Dr. Patterson .
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants and their sponsors must be current SVP members. You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current in the system.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Patterson Memorial Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.