Somerville Health Foundation Grant
Somerville Health Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Deadline: Jul 13, 2018 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Somerville Health Foundation
The Somerville Health Foundation (SHF) was established on June 26, 1996 in the Affiliation Agreement executed by Somerville Hospital and the Cambridge Hospital when those hospitals merged. Under the terms of the Agreement, Somerville Hospital incorporated a new nonprofit corporation known as the Somerville Health Foundation, Inc. Somerville resident Margaret Hutchinson left an endowment that funded the Foundation. The SHF has two main purposes. It is the Foundation’s goal to provide financial resources for projects or activities which will enable it to fulfill these purposes:
- to promote and support the provision of primary care and preventive health services accessible to the residents of the City of Somerville, Massachusetts
- to promote and support educational, research and outreach programs that will improve the delivery and accessibility of primary care and preventive health services to the residents of the City of Somerville, Massachusetts.
The Foundation invites proposals for projects that relate to its major purposes as stated above. The current priorities for funding support are programs/projects with a prime emphasis on root causes of disease, health equity and/or health disparities and serving vulnerable populations among Somerville residents. Projects that also address the following preventative health priorities will receive extra consideration.
- Protective factors to reduce substance abuse and/or decrease violence;
- Mental and emotional health promotion and/or stress prevention;
- Physical activity and food/nutrition programming, infrastructure and/or policy work related to obesity prevention and reduction of diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease.
- Chronic disease prevention and disability prevention, based on Somerville health outcomes indicating respiratory disease (asthma and COPD), digestive diseases, cancer, living with a disability, and dental health are factors impacting the health of residents.
As in past years, the maximum amount of funding is $5,000, with the average of $3,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any organization that has been determined to be nonprofit under section 501c (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code may apply for a grant.
- Partnerships with a fiscal agent will be considered.
- Ideal applicants for SHF funding will have a history of collaborating with other community coalitions and/or organizations addressing the specified interests in the proposal.
- SHF will consider repeat funding for up to three years for any given project, with few exceptions.
- Funds may be used to support capital expenses and/or staffing to support the goals of the project.
- Projects that address multiple priorities are strongly encouraged.
- Collaborative approaches will receive priority consideration.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Somerville Health Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.