Hansi Pollak Fellowship
South African Association of Women GraduatesSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 25, 2021
Grant amount: R6,000
Fields of work: Sociology Community Services Basic Human Needs
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: South Africa
Location of residency: South Africa
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save
The South African Association of Women Graduates (SAAWG) is an affiliate of the International Federation of University Women (IFUW), one of the world's most important and prestigious non-governmental organisations devoted to the betterment of women.
Within South Africa, the SAAWG is unique as the only group of graduate women of many disciplines. Its constitution lays down that it is a totally non-racial and non-political organisation.
International and national fellowships, scholarships, bursaries and awards are available to members.
In conjunction with IFUW and FUWA the focus of SAAWG is the graduate woman. The Association is committed to:
- Improving the status of women and girls
- Furthering the development of education
- Assisting women to move into decision-making positions
- Protecting human rights
- Promoting peace
The SAAWG promotes the tertiary education of women and their self-development over their lifespan. It seeks equity for women graduates, cross cultural insights and co-operation, and societal advancement. Its great underlying purpose is world peace, brought about through education and international friendship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This fellowship is for a female undertaking postgraduate research directed towards bettering social conditions in South Africa.
- The recipient is required to spend at least two years in South Africa after completing the degree, implementing the results of the research.
- There is option for renewal of scholarship.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.