South Carolina Forest Renewal Cost-Share Program (FRP)
South Carolina Forestry CommissionSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: May 15, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group For-Profit Business College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: South Carolina
Location of residency: South CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: For best opportunity to be funded applications should be submitted prior to the deadline above. . The SC Forestry Commission will begin funding of applications in July of each year. Applicants not funded in July due to funding limitations will be placed on a waiting list for future funding. Mid-year funding may be possible.
The Forest Renewal Program (FRP) is a cost share program that provides financial assistance to eligible landowners for tree planting practices approved by the South Carolina Forestry Commission. FRP is a partnership between South Carolina’s forest industries and the State. With the support of South Carolina’s forest industries, the program is jointly funded through an assessment of those industries producing primary wood products and an appropriation by the South Carolina State Legislature.
The goal of the Forest Renewal Program is to encourage tree planting on private lands to help ensure adequate future timber supplies. The program is designed to help landowners increase the productivity of their woodlands while providing other benefits such as clean air, clean water, and wildlife habitat. All of this while stimulating the economy of our State!
Management Practices Eligible
- Site preparation and tree planting on previously forested or agricultural lands.
- Timber stand improvement of natural or artificially regenerated forests
Restrictions and Limitations
- Practices must be satisfactorily completed in accordance to the prescriptions as specified by the forest management plan approved by the SC Forestry Commission.
- The maximum funds allocated to any eligible landowner is limited to the amount needed to complete approved practices on 100 acres of land.
- Ten contiguous acres is the minimum that will be approved for any practice.
- All practices must be completed within 20 months of funding.
- Cost share recipients must maintain eligible lands in a forest condition for a period of 10 years or until commercial harvest or the landowner shall be required to repay all cost share received.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible:
- Any private individual, group, partnership, association, trust or corporation not engaged in the manufacture of wood products, or any other legal entity owning non-industrial forestland capable of producing wood products.
- Private, individual forest landowners who are stockholders in any entity manufacturing forest products are eligible.
- Who is not eligible:
- Private entities engaged in the business of manufacturing forest products, such as: sawmills, pulp and paper mills, plywood plants, oleoresin plants.
- Public utilities or governmental agencies: federal, state, or local.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the South Carolina Forest Renewal Cost-Share Program (FRP) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.