South Dakota Fund Grants
South Dakota Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Basic Human Needs
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: South Dakota
Location of residency: South DakotaView website Save
About this funder:
The Coronavirus Impact
The Coronavirus has impacted all aspects of our lives. Nothing is the same. So, it should not be surprising that we hit "pause" and reflected on ways we could loosen restrictions and respond to your immediate needs in a timely manner.
In the past, the South Dakota Fund grants focused on economic development, human services, health education and cultural programs. Due to the rapidly changing circumstances, we are reprioritizing South Dakota Fund grantmaking efforts to focus on requests dealing with the Coronavirus, and its impact on nonprofit organizations and those you serve.
To that end, to make applying for funds as easy as possible:
- We have set aside many of our traditional Gratmaking Guidelines during this time.
- All requests should focus on your organization's efforts to address issues brought about by the Coronavirus.
- Answer each question as it relates to the impact the Coronavirus is having on your organization.
- $20,000 is the maximum amount that may be requested.
- We will consider grants for general operating funds on a case-by-case basis.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants should be a public, nonprofit organization as defined by IRS Publication 78.
- You can also work with a verified fiscal sponsor who can receive funds on your behalf.
- The SDCF does not make grants in support of political campaigns, discriminatory practices, or for personal gain.