South Lake Champlain Fund Grant
Vermont Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $7,500
Anticipated deadline: Jan 10, 2020 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: Counties in New York: Essex County, Warren County, Washington County, Counties in Vermont: Addison County, Bennington County, Rutland County Show all
Location of residency: VermontView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The South Lake Champlain Fund (originally organized as the South Lake Champlain Trust in 1989) was established to provide support for research and education concerning the southern portion of Lake Champlain. Advised by a committee of three members, the fund makes annual grants to support these efforts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be a public agency or municipality in the state of Vermont.
- Nonprofit organizations or community groups who do not have 501(c)(3) status may apply for grant awards if another tax-exempt organization acts as a fiscal sponsor.
- What we fund:
- Educational projects which engage young people in learning and loving the cultural heritage, history, and ecology of the southern portion of Lake Champlain
- Innovative research projects focused on the cultural heritage and environmental health of the southern portion of Lake Champlain
- Educational or research projects which directly impact the communities around the southern portion of Lake Champlain and/or use the expertise of local experts including scientists, educators, and environmentalists
- Expenses related to time, equipment, hardware and software, travel expenses, publication and/or implementation of research findings, and dissemination of findings for projects as above
- There is preference for projects directly on Lake Champlain or in close proximity.
- What we do not fund:
- Projects duplicating lake studies in other areas
- Projects or publications focusing primarily on the northern part of Lake Champlain
- Publications of findings funded originally by other organizations
- Lobbying or advocacy work
- Implementation or follow through which are traditionally funded through government or free enterprise
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the South Lake Champlain Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.