SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund Grant
Community Foundation of Southeastern MassachusettsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Massachusetts: Bristol County, Plymouth County
Location of residency: Counties in Massachusetts: Bristol County, Plymouth CountyView website Save
About this funder:
Note: In order to move resources quickly and not further burden organizations on the frontlines of the pandemic, we are not hosting a formal application process, at this time. You may email us at [email protected] to make sure we are aware of your organization’s work supporting vulnerable residents and families. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues, making it possible to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs in subsequent funding phases. The Fund expects to make an initial round of grants by April 3rd.
SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund
In partnership with local funders, the Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts, has established the SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund. This Fund will provide flexible resources to organizations that are working with communities at the intersection of being most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus and most impacted by inequity.
In the near-term, the fund will make one-time operating grants to support frontline organizations with deep roots within priority populations. These populations include:
- Vulnerable seniors and youth
- People without stable housing
- Families and individuals who are food insecure
- Residents who have limited English proficiency
- Individuals with health vulnerabilities, including those with compromised immune systems, mental health disorders and/or who are struggling with addiction.
The first phase of these rapid-response grants will provide flexible support to organizations:
- Support the ability for organizations to provide support remotely
- Responding to increased demand for basic needs and health support
- Providing outreach to vulnerable populations
- Addressing fear and confusion about the outbreak among the region’s most vulnerable residents
- Addressing immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by closures and cancellations related to COVID-19
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Based upon the charitable structure of the SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund, our grants are limited to 501c3 nonprofit organizations, groups fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization, or other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations, and other public entities.
- The SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund will prioritize community-based organizations located in and serving Southeastern Massachusetts with a particular focus on the cities of New Bedford, Fall River and Brockton.
- We are not able to fund individuals or businesses directly, labor unions, or other 501c4, 501c5, and 501c6 organizations.