Southeast Alabama Community Foundation Grant Program
Central Alabama Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 9, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Coffee County, Dale County, Geneva County, Henry County, Houston County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Southeast Alabama Community Foundation (SACF) is a public foundation which links charitable resources with community needs and opportunities. Each year, the Foundation awards grants to nonprofits offering projects and programs in Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry or Houston counties that, in the opinion of SACF’s Advisory Committee, will improve the quality of life in our community.
The Southeast Alabama Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Central Alabama Community Foundation and offers citizens in the Wiregrass region the opportunity to build long-term support for their community. Individuals may establish new funds to support specific purposes or organizations, or they may contribute to existing funds.
Established in 1995 by community leaders, SACF serves the five-county Wiregrass region of Henry, Houston, Coffee, Dale and Geneva counties. SACF's Advisory Board of area citizens oversees an annual grantmaking program that determines the best investment of these community dollars.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- SACF grants are offered to nonprofit organizations serving Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry or Houston Counties.
- While many factors are considered, priority is given to proposals that meet the following criteria:
- Programs that address issues affecting Coffee, Dale, Geneva, Henry or Houston counties;
- “Seed” grants to initiate promising new projects addressing underlying causes of community problems;
- Expanding programs representing innovative and efficient approaches to serving community needs and opportunities;
- Programs that maximize resources and leverage other monies;
- Projects reflecting the cooperative efforts of multiple agencies within the community;
- Programs that can demonstrate funding plans for the continuation of the project beyond initial funding by the SACF.
- CACF or its affiliates do NOT fund:
- Annual fundraising drives, events or marketing campaigns
- Religious purposes (although we do support educational and social service programs offered by faith-based organizations)
- Partisan political advocacy
- Regular operating support or capital projects
- Sponsorship of fundraising events
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Southeast Alabama Community Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.