SCB Member Grants
Southern California BotanistsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 25, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: California
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
About this funder:
Southern California Botanists ( SCB) is an organization of individuals devoted to the study, preservation, and conservation of the native plants and plant communities of Southern California.
SCB offers grants to members on an annual basis, as funds and worthy proposals are available. Only a limited number of proposals can be funded. The number of proposals and their relative quality and merit will determine number of grants awarded and dollar amounts available for disbursement. There is a maximum of three awards per project, if the project and progress are deemed satisfactory by the Board.
There are 4 grant opportunities:
- SCB Annual Grant: This grant is to support a broad scope of botanical research in southern California.
- Susan Hobbs Grant for Field Research: This grant honors Susan Hobbs, former SCB Secretary and avid field botanist. It is specifically for the support of field research.
- Alan Romspert Grant in Desert Botany: This grant honors Alan Romspert, long time SCB Treasurer, desert botanist and naturalist. It is specifically for desert botanical research.
- The SCB Conservation Grant: This grant is to support research or projects that contribute to the understanding and conservation of rare plants in southern California.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Project must consist of botanical research in southern California.
- Grants may cover expendable items (films, supplies, travel) not otherwise available to the researcher.
- It is possible to apply for a subsequent grant to support a continuing project.
- Funds are to be used for direct costs only.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be current members of SCB to qualify for any of these grants. If you are not currently a member, you may send a check for membership with your application.
- Application of any portion of a SCB grant to indirect costs is not acceptable.
- Unused funds should be returned to the Treasurer of the SCB.
- No portion of the grant funds may be transferred to any other person, entity or project without the approval of the SCB.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SCB Member Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.