Southern Monterey County Foundation Grants
Community Foundation for Monterey County
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,000
Deadline: Sep 28, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Monterey County, California
Location of residency: Monterey County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Southern Monterey County Foundation
The SMCF seeks to support nonprofit organizations that have the leadership and capacity to provide important community resources and services in Southern Monterey County communities. In 2017, priority will be given to the following types of requests:
- For specific projects or one-time costs that will result in measurable impact on an identified community need
- To establish or expand community programs that address a high-priority community issue or need
What Grant Funds May Support
- Pre-development or construction costs for facility construction or renovation
- Matching grants to leverage other funding
- Developmental costs for new programs
- Personnel expenses that relate to specific program goals
- Equipment, materials and/or facilities expenses that directly benefit participants or are an identifiable part of project
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will only be considered for projects and programs serving Southern Monterey County communities. The SMCF considers Southern Monterey County to include King City and all points south, excluding the coastal region.
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
- Public programs (schools, parks, public health, etc.)
- Church-sponsored activities with benefit beyond their own membership
- Organizations and collaboratives that are not legally incorporated—for these, CFMC requires an agreement with a “Fiscal Sponsor” defined as a tax exempt 501(c)3 organization accountable for financial management of the grant.
- Organization may only submit one application. However, if an organization is serving as a fiscal sponsor for a collaborative or unincorporated group, they can also apply for a grant to benefit their organization.
- Preference is given to locally based organizations that have less access to other sources of support, and where a small grant can make a meaningful difference.
- Proposals selected for funding will demonstrate strong community support for the project or program and a viable plan for achieving results.
- What Grant Funds Will Not Support
- Projects that discriminate or with political or partisan purposes
- Religious activities or services that are non-secular and/or promote a religious doctrine
- Funding to schools and public agencies that would supplant tax-supported, mandated services
- Individual sports teams
- Annual fundraising campaigns or events
- Creation of, or addition to, endowment funds
- Payment of debt or legal settlements
- Expenses incurred prior to the grant award date
- Attendance at conferences for staff or volunteers
- Research projects
- Grants to provide college or other educational scholarships to individuals
- Grants to provide financial assistance directly to individuals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Southern Monterey County Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.