Southern Pine Beetle Prevention Cost-Share Program
Alabama Forestry CommissionSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Mar 23, 2020
Applicant type: For-Profit Business Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Alabama
Location of residency: AlabamaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Technical assistance and financial incentives are now available to help forest landowners in Alabama implement prevention practices to reduce the susceptibility of their pine stands from a southern pine beetle attack. The southern pine beetle (SPB) is the number one killer of pines in Alabama. Unmanaged and overcrowded stands of southern pines are susceptible to attack.
The primary objective of the SPB Prevention Cost-share Program is to help non-industrial private forest landowners implement forest management practices that will ultimately reduce SPB damage and outbreaks in Alabama.
Here are the prevention practices that are available for incentive payments:
- Non-commercial first thinning of a loblolly or shortleaf pine stand
- Borax treatment of the thinned loblolly or shortleaf pine stand
The Technical Guidelines document states in greater detail the requirements that the landowner and the stand must fulfill to be approved into the program.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This program is open to non-industrial private forest (NIPF) landowners who own between 10 and 5,000 acres of forest land in Alabama.
- Landowners can apply for and execute a SPB prevention practice for more than 100 acres, but the incentive payment for completing the practice(s) on 100 acres is the limit for reimbursement.
- These NIPF owners may include private individuals, joint owners, non-profit organizations, or corporations that are not wood-using industries and do not have publicly traded stock.
- Ineligible owners include lands controlled by federal and local governments, wood-using industries or entities that derive more than 50% of their gross income from wood-using industries; corporations with publicly-traded stock, or public utility companies.
- The same acreage cannot be enrolled in other incentive or cost-share programs.
- The stand will not qualify for the SPB Prevention Cost-share Program if enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Southern Pine Beetle Prevention Cost-Share Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.