Southern SARE: Research and Education Grants
Southern Sustainable Agriculture, Research & Education (SARE)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $100,000 - US $300,000
Next deadline: Jun 7, 2020 2:00pm PDT (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Nov 15, 2020 2:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia (US state), Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virgin Islands, Virginia Show all
Location of residency: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia (US state), Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virgin Islands, Virginia Show allView website Save
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply for a Research & Education Grant:
- Including, but not limited to, teams of researchers from public and private institutions, such as 1862 and 1890 land-grant universities; government agencies; USDA-ARS; non-governmental organizations; and community-based organizations.
- The project should take a systems research approach.
- The project’s central purpose should be research-based with an educational/outreach component to extend the project findings to the public.
- Producers and consumers should be part of the process from problem identification through project development, implementation, dissemination of results, and evaluation.
- Emphasis is placed on farmer participation, particularly for the production projects, on the relevance to sustainable agriculture, and on the strength of a holistic approach.
- We have relevant priority areas such as:
- Limited resource farmers
- Organic farming systems
- Environmentally sound practices/agriculture ecosystems
- Marketing/economic development/ cooperatives
- Project evaluation and quality of life, and
- Women in sustainable agriculturesou
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Southern SARE: Research and Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.