Sioux Falls Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2020 9:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in South Dakota: Lincoln County, McCook County, Minnehaha County, Turner County
Location of residency: Counties in South Dakota: Lincoln County, McCook County, Minnehaha County, Turner CountyView website Save
About this funder:
We believe in the power of a thriving community. A community where people and families feel safe and have equal access to the resources they need for their health and well-being; where all kids have a fair shot at becoming the best they can be; where everyone has opportunities to inspire and be inspired through the arts; and where we all feel called and encouraged to drive bold change through service and leadership.
One way we're helping to build a thriving community is through our Community Grants.
Spot Grants are designed to help to build a thriving, vibrant community by supporting projects and programs that address current challenges, create opportunities and build dialogue.
SFACF’s Grant Committee considers grant requests for:
- Programs that require start-up funds to address important community needs or opportunities ;
- Expansion of programs that meet important community needs or opportunities ;
- Assistance to organizations weathering unforeseen or unusual financial crises ;
- Programs that increase an organization’s capacity to advance its mission more efficiently or effectively ;
- Programs or studies that inform the community’s understanding of needs or opportunities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants from unrestricted Community Fund endowments are made to programs within SFACF’s service area.
- Our service area includes Minnehaha, Lincoln, Turner, and McCook counties and communities within a 25-mile radius of Sioux Falls.
- Typically, SFACF makes awards to nonprofit organizations with IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status that are undertaking projects that benefit the people of the Sioux Falls area.
- The grants committee does not consider grant requests for —
- National fundraising efforts
- Political advocacy
- Sectarian religious programs
- Programs or projects not serving residents of Minnehaha, Lincoln, McCook, or Turner counties.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”