Spot Grant Requests
Sioux Falls Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Deadline: Jun 30, 2019 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Behavioral, Biomedical, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in South Dakota: Lincoln County, McCook County, Minnehaha County, Turner County
Location of residency: Counties in South Dakota: Lincoln County, McCook County, Minnehaha County, Turner CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
In partnership with our donors, Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation supports nonprofit organizations and activities across a wide spectrum of charitable needs and interests. Since 1984, the Community Foundation has distributed over $127 million in grants to nonprofits, churches, educational institutions, and other charitable activities.
Grants from unrestricted Community Fund endowments are made to charitable activities benefiting the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation’s service area. Donor advisors may wish to review these categories when considering their grant recommendations.
The Community Foundation makes grants across a full spectrum of charitable endeavors. Eligible beneficiaries work in these areas —
Arts and Humanities
Theatre, music, arts, dance, cultural development, historic preservation, library programs, museums.
Community Affairs and Development
Citizen participation, public use of parks and recreation, administration of justice, economic development, employment, training.
Lifelong learning activities in formal educational settings, support of educational facilities and systems, scholarships.
Protection of natural areas, conservation of energy, prevention and elimination of pollution or hazardous waste, wildlife protection, water quality.
Improvement of healthcare, prevention of substance abuse, support of mental health needs, medical research.
Assistance to families, youth, the elderly, disabled, special groups, social service providers, and those who stand in need.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants from unrestricted Community Fund endowments are made to programs within SFACF’s service area.
- Our service area includes Minnehaha, Lincoln, Turner, and McCook counties and communities within a 25-mile radius of Sioux Falls.
- Typically, SFACF makes awards to nonprofit organizations with IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status that are undertaking projects that benefit the people of the Sioux Falls area.
- SFACF’s Grant Committee considers grant requests for —
- Programs that require start-up funds to address important community needs or opportunities
- Expansion of programs that meet important community needs or opportunities
- Assistance to organizations weathering unforeseen or unusual financial crises
- Programs that increase an organization’s capacity to advance its mission more efficiently or effectively
- Programs or studies that inform the community’s understanding of needs or opportunities.
- The committee gives funding priority to proposals that address goals outlined in Sioux Falls Tomorrow 2014, A Vision for the Future
- The grants committee does not consider grant requests for —
- National fundraising efforts
- Political advocacy
- Sectarian religious programs
- Programs or projects not serving residents of Minnehaha, Lincoln, McCook, or Turner counties.
- SFACF discourages requests for —
- Large capital improvements or construction drives
- Ongoing operational support (one to three years of operational support may occasionally be provided for smaller nonprofits beginning or expanding their operations or weathering a financial crisis)
- Reducing or eliminating organizational deficits
- Reimbursement of expenses for programs or projects undertaken prior to submission of a grant application
- Computer hardware and software, unless it is part of a request for a new or enhanced program or when equipment is the focus of the program
- Public art, unless the request is made by a community group that has secured approval for its acceptance and placement
- Programs or projects that require a multi-year commitment of grant support. Typically, SFACF grants are for one year. If you have sustainability questions, please contact SFACF’s program officer.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Spot Grant Requests by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.