Sioux Falls Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Predicted deadline: Jun 30, 2021 9:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Fields of work: All fields of work
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in South Dakota: Lincoln County, McCook County, Minnehaha County, Turner County
Location of residency: Counties in South Dakota: Lincoln County, McCook County, Minnehaha County, Turner CountyView website Save
About this funder:
We believe in the power of a thriving community. A community where people and families feel safe and have equal access to the resources they need for their health and well-being; where all kids have a fair shot at becoming the best they can be; where everyone has opportunities to inspire and be inspired through the arts; and where we all feel called and encouraged to drive bold change through service and leadership.
One way we're helping to build a thriving community is through our Community Grants.
Spot Grants are designed to help to build a thriving, vibrant community by supporting projects and programs that address current challenges, create opportunities and build dialogue.
SFACF’s Grant Committee considers grant requests for:
- Programs that require start-up funds to address important community needs or opportunities ;
- Expansion of programs that meet important community needs or opportunities ;
- Assistance to organizations weathering unforeseen or unusual financial crises ;
- Programs that increase an organization’s capacity to advance its mission more efficiently or effectively ;
- Programs or studies that inform the community’s understanding of needs or opportunities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants from unrestricted Community Fund endowments are made to programs within SFACF’s service area.
- Our service area includes Minnehaha, Lincoln, Turner, and McCook counties and communities within a 25-mile radius of Sioux Falls.
- Typically, SFACF makes awards to nonprofit organizations with IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status that are undertaking projects that benefit the people of the Sioux Falls area.
- The grants committee does not consider grant requests for —
- National fundraising efforts
- Political advocacy
- Sectarian religious programs
- Programs or projects not serving residents of Minnehaha, Lincoln, McCook, or Turner counties.