St Andrew’s Society of New York Scholarships
St. Andrew's Society of New YorkSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $60,000
Deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Must travel to: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
For over 250 years, St. Andrew’s Society of the State of New York’s purpose is: “to provide relief of natives of Scotland and their descendants who may be in want or distress, to provide educational assistance to natives of Scotland and their descendants, to conduct and sponsor such other and further activities, as may be deemed appropriate or desirable by the Society and as from time to time permitted by Federal and State Law for a Not-for-Profit Corporation, to foster or encourage good will, understanding and communication between the people of the United States and the people of Scotland and to promote such social intercourse among the members of the Society as may be necessary and appropriate to, and consistent with, such purposes, including fund raising to sustain them.”
The Scholarship will be tenable from September 2017 to May 2018 at a university in the United States within a radius of 250 miles from New York City, or within the area of Washington DC. Where a student cannot find a course for his/her special subject of study within the geographical area indicated above, the Society will consider allowing the Scholarship to be held at another university in the United States.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Candidates must be Scottish by birth or descent, and will be expected to have current knowledge of Scotland and Scottish current affairs, and of the Scottish tradition generally.
- The Society expects its scholars to be good ambassadors for Scotland.
- Candidates must be EITHER:
- graduates of a Scottish university, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who have completed their first degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) not earlier than 2016, or
- students of a Scottish university, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who expect to complete their first degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) in 2017.
- An Honours degree is not essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have no previous experience of the United States and for whom a period of study there can be expected to be a life-changing experience.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the St Andrew’s Society of New York Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.