Community Grants: RE/MAX Community Chest Grant Cycle
Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Apr 13, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Washington: Island County, Snohomish County
Location of residency: Counties in Washington: Island County, Snohomish CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation is committed to fostering and promoting a culture of philanthropy in our local community. We work with community members, businesses, and other local non-profit organizations to connect people who care with the causes and initiatives that matter most to them. We build a healthy, sustainable community through a variety of programs that provide basic needs, promote arts & culture, support education, and enhance quality of life.
The Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation is proud to have been the local philanthropic resource for our community for more than 50 years. Thanks to your support, we plan to be here for 50 more.
The purpose of the Community Chest is to provide funding for projects and programs that directly benefit the residents of Stanwood and Camano Island. Any non-profit organization that serves this area will be eligible to apply. A selection committee made up of community members will review and approve grant applications on a regularly established grant cycle.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who Is Eligible to Apply?
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Any active 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a project in need of funding that directly benefits the community is eligible to apply.
- (Organization must be listed as active on the IRS exempt organization verification site.)
- Nonprofit organizations that are not 501(c)(3) will be considered if a 501(c)(3) organization acts as fiscal sponsor.
- Public Agencies
- Public agencies such as schools, libraries, parks, fire and police departments with an unfunded project that directly benefits the Stanwood-Camano community may apply.
- Grants are available for both projects and operating funds.
- Projects must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- They must directly benefit the Stanwood-Camano community (defined by the boundaries of the Stanwood-Camano School District).
- They must be realistic and attainable.
- They must have experienced project staff and/or volunteers in place who can successfully implement the project.
- Operating fund grants are only available to nonprofit organizations physically located within the boundaries of the Stanwood-Camano School District.
- Operating fund grants are most likely to be awarded to start-up ventures rather than established nonprofit organizations.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Grants: RE/MAX Community Chest Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.