Statewide Grant Program: Nonprofit Capacity Building Grant
Vermont Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Vermont
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In order to do great work, nonprofits need strong leaders, clear plans, efficient systems, and a sustainable revenue stream. This takes investment in staff and time to explore and plan--something for which many nonprofits on limited or restricted budgets have little resources to spare. It’s also often hard to make the case to donors to support this kind of work versus direct services or programming.
In response to this gap in resources to achieve this important backbone strength, the Vermont Community Foundation has created a small fund to help. Through this new grant round we hope to strengthen the sector itself while fostering greater understanding for funders and donors about the value of this type of support by showcasing best practices in mergers, strategic planning, and fundraising.
Grants will be no more than $2,500 each and will support the cost of consultants to facilitate discussions related to strategic planning, development of an organizational fundraising strategy, or orchestrating a merger.
This program will fund work that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of nonprofits in the sector by:
- Supporting and encouraging strategic planning among nonprofit boards and staff to clarify goals and performance measures and thus enhance programmatic integrity and success, or
- Supporting and encouraging financial sustainability among nonprofits through investing in developing long-term diversified revenue streams and strong philanthropic support and donor cultivation, or
- Enabling organizations to consider a possible merger through facilitated conversations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant applications will be accepted from organizations that are located in or serve the people of Vermont and address the above purpose.
- Organizations must be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Nonprofit organizations or community groups who do not have 501(c)(3) status may apply for grant awards if another tax-exempt organization acts as a fiscal sponsor.
- Applicants must employ staff and provide services without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, political affiliation, military service, physical or mental ability.
- This Program Will Not Fund:
- Anything other than professional consultant costs to accomplish any of the work listed above.
- Repeat funding of the same organization or initiative.
- Board development work.
- Capital campaign preparation including feasibility studies.
- Organizational assessment work prior to strategic planning.
- Grantwriting consultant fees.
- Programs with religious instruction.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Statewide Grant Program: Nonprofit Capacity Building Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.