Statewide Water Supply Reserve Fund Grants
Colorado Department of Natural Resources (CO DNR)
Next deadline: Feb 1, 2022
Later deadlines: Aug 1, 2022
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Water Resource Management
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: Colorado
Note: Applications for WSRF funding must be evaluated and approved by the Basin Roundtable where the eligible water activity will occur. Applicants should contact the applicable Roundtable and CWCB staff early in the process, several months before the applicant would like to begin the project. After approval by the Roundtable, the applicant is required to submit to CWCB by the deadlines above.
Senate Bill 06-179, adopted by the 2006 General Assembly, created the Water Supply Reserve Account, now called the Water Supply Reserve Fund (per SB13-181) (WSRF). Monies in the Fund are continuously appropriated to the CWCB for loans or grants for water activities approved by the Basin Roundtable in which the water activity would occur.
To help ensure opportunities for roundtables to seek funding in an orderly fashion and at the same time to encourage competitive water activities from every river basin, the CWCB will administer two accounts in the WSRF: Basin Accounts and a Statewide Account.
A Statewide Account will be used to fund water activities from any roundtable on a competitive basis, based on the eligibility requirements in this section and the evaluation criteria outlined in this document.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Entity eligibility: Entities that may apply for grants or loans from the fund include:
- Public (Government) – municipalities, enterprises, counties and State of Colorado agencies
- Public (Districts) – special, water and sanitation, conservancy, conservations, irrigation and water activity enterprises
- Private Incorporated – mutual ditch companies, homeowners associations and non-profit corporations
- Private – individuals, partnerships and sole proprietors are eligible for Basin Funds but are not eligible for Statewide Funds
- Non-governmental organizations – typically non-profit but also includes for-profit corporations
- For requests from the Statewide Account, applicants must demonstrate a 25% percent (or greater) match of the total grant request from other sources, including but not limited to Basin Funds.
- Eligible water activities include a broad range of activities such as:
- Technical assistance regarding permitting, feasibility studies and environmental compliance;
- Studies or analysis of structural, nonstructural, consumptive and non-consumptive water needs, projects or activities; and
- Structural and nonstructural water projects or activities.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders to Colorado Department of Natural Resources (CO DNR) by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“I'm a grant writer for a few different nonprofits and I've used FDO, FoundationSearch, GrantStation—
Instrumentl is my favorite.”