Sterling-Turner Foundation Grants
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2019 3:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Harris County, Kerr County, Tom Green County, Travis County
Location of residency: Counties in Texas: Fort Bend County, Harris County, Kerr County, Tom Green County, Travis CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Turner Charitable Foundation was established in 1960 of the Turner Charitable Foundation that later (in 1999) became known as Sterling-Turner Foundation the original purpose was to support charities in Harris County, Texas. In 1982 the geographic support area was expanded from only Harris County Texas to the entire State of Texas but with the ability to be restricted by the Board of Trustees. In 2003 the Board restricted funding to only support charities in only five counties across Texas and they are; Tom Green, Kerr, Travis, Fort Bend and Harris Counties.
Typically, if submissions are sent early, even in the Fall prior to the deadline the only numbers that may need to be changed are the receipts since the time of submission (if by around the first of February you find your receipts have increased by at least 15% or more since the Fall submission) you may simply call the offices and I would be happy to update your application form for you.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) recognition will be considered or governmental agencies that are to be treated as nonprofits will be considered.
- There is currently an imposed geographic restriction limiting charities that may submit through the offices to:
- only organizations with offices located within one of the five (5) counties being considered, and
- all fiscal/financial management of funds granted by the Foundation must be fully managed within said counties, and
- all services being supported must be restricted to only the five (5) counties in Texas being considered.
- The five counties being considered are: Tom Green, Kerr, Travis, Fort Bend and Harris Counties
- The Foundation is not permitted to assist individuals.
- Please understand that if financial management, the office is located or services provided for which you are seeking support are being done out of the five counties being considered (Tom Green, Kerr, Travis, Fort Bend and Harris Counties) funding will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sterling-Turner Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.