Computers & Geosciences Research Scholarships (C&G)
International Association for Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG)
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: May 31, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Computers & Geosciences Research Scholarships are intended to encourage graduate students and post-doctoral researchers working in the fields of geocomputation and geoinformatics, and particularly to foster the scientific dialogue which Elsevier and IAMG believe to be fundamental to the advancement of research by exchanging ideas and expertise with others in the field.
Computer & Geosciences Journal
Computers & Geosciences publishes high impact, original research at the interface between Computer Sciences and Geosciences. Publications should apply modern computer science paradigms, whether computational or informatics-based, to address problems in the geosciences.
Topics of Interest
Computational/informatics elements may include: computational methods; algorithms; data structure; database retrieval; information retrieval; data processing; artificial intelligence; computer graphics; computer visualization; programming languages; parallel systems; distributed systems; the World-Wide Web; social media; and software engineering.
Geoscientific topics of interest include: mineralogy; petrology; geochemistry; geomorphology; paleontology; stratigraphy; structural geology; sedimentology; hydrogeology; oceanography; atmospheric sciences; climatology; meteorology; geophysics; geomatics; remote sensing; geodesy; hydrology; and glaciology.
Other fields may be considered but are not regarded as a priority.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible candidates are EITHER:
- those currently undertaking Masters or Ph. D. studies who wish to use the award to conduct a period of research related to their thesis, or
- newly qualified Post Doctoral scientists who are within three years following the completion of their Ph. D. studies at the deadline for application.
- Candidates should be undertaking research in computational geosciences or geoinformatics as outlined in the Aims & Scope of the sponsoring journal Computers & Geosciences.
- Candidates working in interdisciplinary areas which have relevance or application to computational geosciences or geoinformatics will also be considered.
- The awarded funds may be used either to support the applicant’s project in their home institution or to undertake a period of research at a different university or commercial/industry laboratory.
- Applicants who wish to use the scholarship for undertaking research away from their home organization will be looked upon favourably, but this is not a condition of application.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Computers & Geosciences Research Scholarships (C&G) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.