Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund
Idaho Community Foundation (ICF)
Grant amount: More than US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2019
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Idaho
Location of residency: IdahoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund
The Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund in the Idaho Community Foundation is inviting two- and four-year colleges and universities in the state of Idaho to submit a proposal for grant funding to support students meeting the requirements listed below.
The purpose of the fund is to encourage students who are within one year of completing their post-secondary education by providing financial assistance when unusual or unexpected financial problems might preclude them continuing in school. The minimum grant amount per recipient (education institution) will be $5,000
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Limited to accredited universities, colleges, schools or other institutions described in IRC Section 170(c)(1), or education programs or institutions operated by Indian Tribal governments or programs operating under IRC Section 7871
- Schools must have a program or procedure for determining emergency need and awarding assistance when unusual or unexpected financial problems might put a student within one year of graduation at risk of having to quit school before graduating.
- Recipients agree to distribute grant funds to students meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- Graduating within one academic year, as determined by an official filing with the school notifying of the intent to graduate at the end of the year or term
- Facing emergency circumstances that might preclude them continuing in school.
- “Emergency circumstances” include, but are not necessarily limited to, car problems, birth of a child, health issues (self or family member), job loss (self or family member), loss of parental support, etc.
- Financial need is the primary consideration for otherwise qualified students.
- Grade point average may be considered with preference for students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Field of study may be considered with preference for students in technical and professional fields.
- Grant funds may be used by eligible students for tuition/fees, housing/rent/utilities, books/ supplies, transportation, medical or dental costs, food, child care, etc. as determined to be prudent and necessary by the student’s situation and at the discretion of the school
- Grant funds may not be used for cost, indirectly or directly, related to administration or distribution of the grant funds by the awarded school
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Student Loan Fund of Idaho Education Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.