Student Professional Placement Grant
Society for Applied Microbiology
Grant amount: Up to £20,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2019
Applicant type: Organizations
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The purpose of this grant is to allow joint applications from two Full Ordinary Members of the Society, working in the same institution, for funding to help undergraduate students receive relevant practical work experience in applied microbiology.
Up to $2,000 per students may be awarded to a maximum of $20,000 per institution. In addition, any student who receives a placement in this scheme will be offered one year’s free Full Student membership.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A minimum of two Full Ordinary Members, employed in the same institution, must support any one application. Both applicants must have been members for at least one full subscription year.
- There is no restriction on the
number of placement students that can be proposed in a single application.
- The student(s) must be studying microbiology as part of their degree programme and a curriculum vitae must be submitted for each of the students proposed.
- Placements should be for a maximum of 12 months and for no less than 4 months.
- Monies awarded will be paid to the Institution for remittance to the students as a stipend.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Applications from members working in commercial institutions and applications from the students’ place of study are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Student Professional Placement Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.