Sturgis Competitive Grant
Sturgis Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Oct 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: St. Joseph County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Sturgis Area Community Foundation (SACF) is a 22+ million dollar community foundation dedicated to serving, supporting and meeting the charitable needs of the Sturgis area. Since inception in 1962 with an initial contribution of $500.00 from the Rotary Club of Sturgis, the Foundation has been improving the quality of life and advancing philanthropy in the community.
Though growing in strength and familiarity, the SACF can easily be considered one of those "Best Kept Secrets" in our region. We offer a uniquely flexible and innovative philanthropic service, which appeals to a broad cross section of charitable and community minded individuals and businesses. People of both wealth and modest means find the Foundation provides them a means to support their community through charitable giving.
It is important to know that we are here for good and forever. We look to build permanent endowment funds to ensure that the future charitable needs of the Sturgis area are met in the years ahead.
Sturgis Competitive Grant
The Sturgis Area Community Foundation is committed to serving the charitable needs of our community, and enriching the quality of life for all people in the Sturgis area by ...
- Serving as a leader, catalyst and resource for philanthropy;
- Building permanent endowments through creative partnerships & engaged grant making;
- Supporting a broad range of programs and projects;
- Helping people fulfill their charitable goals now and for future generations
The Foundation is committed to addressing a broad range of issue areas including arts and culture, community and economic development, education, health, human services, housing, seniors and youth.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for support, organizations and institutions must have tax exempt status under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or be a public schools, municipalities or other governmental entities that serve a charitable purpose as defined by IRC §170(b)(1)(A) in the Sturgis area.
- What does the Sturgis Area Community Foundation prefer to fund?
- Seed money for start-up of innovative projects.
- Programs serving a broad segment of the Sturgis area community.
- Programs able to leverage grants from other sources.
- Programs which address prevention as well as treatment.
- Programs which promote collaboration with several agencies or programs.
- Programs likely to be continuous and self-supporting.
- Projects which encourage additional and permanent funding or matching gifts from other donors.
- The Foundation does not consider more than one proposal from the same organization for the same program or project within a 24 month period and does not support:
- Operating support-funding for the day-to-day costs of running organizations.
- Existing programs for ongoing expenses-funding for the day-to-day operating costs of existing programs.
- Religious programs that appear to serve a specific denomination or do not serve the broader community.
- Individuals, except through scholarships.
- Existing obligations or debts/liabilities.
- Capital equipment such as vans or computers unless they are anintegral part of a worthwhile fundable program.
- Fundraising events or endowment campaigns.
- If the application is not complete at the time of submission it will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sturgis Competitive Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.