Suffolk Foundation Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 15, 2018 12:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Suffolk city, Virginia
Location of residency: Suffolk city, VirginiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Human Needs
- Arts, Culture, and Humanities
Grant applicants should keep in mind that priority is given to projects and programs which:
- Reach a broad section of the community, particularly those not being currently served by other resources
- Improve the quality of life for families and neighborhoods
- Provide practical approaches for dealing with current pressing community problems
- Promote collaboration and resource sharing among organizations
- Yield substantial benefits for the costs involved
- Meet demonstrable local capital needs
- Encourage matching gifts or added funding from other sources
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations that are tax-exempt under the 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Code in Suffolk, Virginia, and surrounding communities are eligible to apply for a grant.
- The proposed project or program must be available to Suffolk residents.
- The Foundation is interested in awarding grants to nonprofit agencies enhancing the quality of life for area citizens.
- The Distribution Committee will be granting funds to charitable organizations that demonstrate projects planned with respect to the community’s overall needs.
- Foundation grants and funds are not generally available for:
- Non tax-exempt organizations
- Deficit financing
- Debt reduction
- Religious purposes
- Seminar/conference registration or travel
- Annual fund drives
- Hospitals and similar health-care facilities
- National or international organizations or purposes
- Ongoing operating support
- Projects normally the responsibility of the government
- Foundation grants and funds are generally not available for ongoing operational support, in particular administrative personnel costs
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Suffolk Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.