Summer Youth Program Fund
Central Indiana Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Oct 14, 2020 12:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $30,000
Fields of work: After School /Summer Educational Programs Summer Camps
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Marion County, Indiana
Location of residency: Preferred: Marion County, Indiana Other eligible locations: Counties in Indiana: Boone County, Hamilton County, Hancock County, Hendricks County, Johnson County, Marion County, Morgan County, Shelby County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
The Summer Youth Program Fund (SYPF) supports summer programs serving Marion County youth. This funding collaborative makes the grant process easier for charitable organizations by using a single application form. It provides grants, coordinates professional development opportunities, and distributes community information.
In connection with the 2020 Summer Youth Program Fund, Lilly Endowment is making special grants available for modest capital projects and equipment. The Endowment expects to award 25 to 30 such grants of up to $30,000 each. Only projects that can demonstrate that the quality of the summer program experience of Marion County youth will be significantly enhanced can be considered for funding.
Acceptable projects may include but are not limited to one or more of the following:
- playground or safety equipment,
- computer equipment,
- wiring for Internet access,
- musical instruments,
- minor building and grounds improvements,
- e.g., kitchen and room renovations, and security fences for cooling equipment.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Summer Youth Program Fund grantees are eligible to apply for both program operations and capital project and equipment grants.
- A Summer Youth Program Fund (SYPF) applicant must meet the following criteria to qualify for a capital project and equipment grant. Your organization must:
- have received an SYPF program grant in two out of the last three years (2017, 2018 and/or 2019);
- apply for, and receive, a program grant in 2020; and
- have submitted all SYPF program and prior capital project and equipment grant reports in a timely manner.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”