Sun Club Sustainability Grant
Green Mountain Energy
Grant amount: Up to US $140,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas Expand all
Location of residency: Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Advancing sustainable communities
Our vision is to see all communities achieve long-term sustainability, with the quality of life and environmental resources necessary to thrive.
If you’re a U.S.-based nonprofit looking to make a positive environmental impact and you want access to a network of sustainability experts, it’s time to plant seeds of sustainability in your community.
Keep in mind, submitting an application doesn’t guarantee approval. We carefully evaluate each application to determine where our grants can provide the greatest assistance.
We measure environmental, social and financial impacts:
- Environmental impact calculations consider how the project is more impactful for the planet than the alternative.
- Examples: CO2 prevented (renewable versus traditional generation methods), miles not driven, gallons of water conserved, green space created, pounds of waste diverted.
- Social impact calculations assess how the project will elicit change in the community.
- Examples: results of an email or newsletter story about the project, number of students impacted through curriculum, attendee numbers on sustainability tours.
- Financial impact calculations assess how the project will save your organization money, and how those savings can further support your mission.
- Example: a solar array would save your organization $2,000 per year, resulting in 100 more meals distributed to the homeless or 30 more children receiving free tuition.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be nonprofit organizations with programs benefiting communities where Green Mountain Energy Company does business, which includes specific ZIP codes in the following states:
- New York
- New Jersey
- Organizations must hold three years of current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3), (4), (6) or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Applicants will be expected to provide three years of 990s, along with a W-9 to verify nonprofit status.
- Nonprofits should have the following financial history:
- $250K in annual revenue per year for the past three years
- $100K raised through public support
- The Sun Club does not provide funding for:
- For-profit entities
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sun Club Sustainability Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.