SunTrust Foundation Grants
SunTrust FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $8,750
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Georgia, Alabama, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The SunTrust Foundation
Helping guide, advise, and lead people along their road to financial security and wellness, or as we call it, Lighting the Way to Financial Well-Being, is what motivates us every day. And the end of that road is a Life Well Spent—a life of financial strength and confidence. A life free from the worries of financial burden.
Aligned to SunTrust Bank's purpose, the SunTrust Foundation works to advance financial well-being in all of its efforts—from financial education and counseling; to career readiness/workforce development training and entrepreneurship; to thought leadership and new relationships; to supporting the unique needs of its communities.
This purpose is what drives the SunTrust Foundation in our actions, investments, and goals in our communities and the country as a whole.
Grant Focus and Guidelines
There are few factors more essential to our physical and mental well-being than the economic vitality and quality of life in the communities in which we live. Just as each individual is a member of a community, so are corporations members of the community in which they operate and thus enjoy the privileges and bear the responsibilities of caring for those communities.
SunTrust believes that corporate philanthropy in the areas of cultural, education, civic and other non-profit activities is essential to the improvement of the standard of living. Our ongoing contributions and community development in these areas are evidence of our belief in this corporate commitment.
View the 2016 SunTrust Foundation Annual Report, which showcases the Foundation's mission, community support, giving levels and volunteer highlights.
Areas of Primary Interest
Provides basic financial education/literacy for students and adults including:
- Student financial education classroom instruction
- Adult core curriculum covering topics such as budgeting and opening a bank account
Initiatives which assist people dealing with specific financial circumstances including:
- Student debt
- Financial aid or tax preparation support
- Repairing and restoring credit
- Affordable or permanent housing
Career Readiness/Workforce Development
Efforts to prepare students and adults for careers or improved job opportunities including:
- All vocational training
- Needs-based college or vocational school scholarships
- Academic tutoring for at-risk students to assist them in achieving academic excellence
- Community Development Financial Institutions
- Organizations which provide initial capital for small businesses
- Training efforts for the effective financial management and creation of small businesses
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The SunTrust Foundation focuses on grants to not-for-profit organizations that help advance financial education and counseling, career-readiness/workforce development, and small business/entrepreneurship, while also supporting the unique needs of our communities.
- This support is limited to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- The following criteria are considered with each grant request:
- Does the grant request support one of the four Financial Well-Being areas of interest?
- Will the grant support programs and activities for the improvement of the quality of life in the community served?
- Will the grant have an impact on communities located primarily within the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states?
- Does the organization requesting the grant have good management and active involvement of community leaders?
- No grants are made by the SunTrust Foundation to:
- Non-religious organizations that have a written policy of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and/or gender identity
- Political parties or candidates
- Religious, veteran or fraternal organizations, unless involved in a project benefiting the general community or involving economic education
- Individual agencies already receiving SunTrust Bank support through general services organizations such as United Way; a grant may be made if the agency has permission from the general service organization to solicit funds
- Organizations that foster or encourage racial, religious, class or other prejudices
- Any organization that does not qualify as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SunTrust Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.