SUPERVALU Foundation Grants
SUPERVALU FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Illinois: Bond County, Calhoun County, Clinton County, Jersey County, Macoupin County, Madison County, Monroe County, Peoria County, Sangamon County, St. Clair County, Stephenson County, Counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore city, Carroll County, Charles County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, St. Mary's County, Counties in Minnesota: Anoka County, Blue Earth County, Carver County, Clay County, Crow Wing County, Dakota County, Douglas County, Hennepin County, Isanti County, Kandiyohi County, Olmsted County, Ramsey County, Rice County, Scott County, Sherburne County, St. Louis County, Washington County, Wright County, Counties in Missouri: Franklin County, Jefferson County, Lincoln County, St. Charles County, St. Louis County, St. Louis city, Warren County, Counties in North Dakota: Cass County, Grand Forks County, Counties in Virginia: Alexandria city, Fairfax County, Fairfax city, Falls Church city, Prince William County, Stafford County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
SUPERVALU® is a grocery industry leader, serving customers through a network of more than 2,000 owned, franchised, and independently owned stores across the country.
At the heart of our charitable giving is the idea that being a good corporate citizen is an ongoing responsibility. Through the SUPERVALU Foundation and the company's geographical businesses (retail, wholesale and subsidiaries) we strive to affect positive change through financial support, product donations and volunteerism.
SUPERVALU funds nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organizations through program-specific and general operating grants delivering much-needed services to individuals and families. And our sponsorship of local and regional events allows us to support the communities we call home.
In general, SUPERVALU’s giving decisions are focused on three areas where we believe we can make the greatest impact:
We support organizations providing comprehensive hunger relief programming or food banks seeking capacity-building operating funds. Please note: food donations are made directly to Feeding America's Fresh Rescue program for local distribution.
Dietary Health and Nutrition
We fund organizations promoting nutrition education and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through diet.
SUPERVALU is committed to environmental stewardship and sustainable operations and will support local sustainability efforts.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applying organizations must have been granted 501(c)(3) status by the Internal Revenue Service.
- The request must:
- include the organization's federal 501(c)(3) designation letter () include a signed and dated IRS W-9.
- Special consideration is given to organizations with which SUPERVALU employees are actively involved, provided the organization's main mission falls within the general focus areas above.
- Charities with 501(c) designations other than (3) are not eligible for support.
- SUPERVALU will generally not support:
- Organizations located outside the markets we serve
- Third-party requests on behalf of another organization
- Fees for conferences, seminars or travel
- Advertising requests (including printed programs)
- Family or individual emergency relief
- Individual/team fundraising
- Travel and/or academic research
- Fees for participation in athletic or other competitive programs
- Fraternal or labor organizations
- Parties, ceremonies or memorials
- Lobbying or political initiatives
- Religious organizations (for religious programs)
- Organizations (or specific programs) that receive more than 30% of their funding from the United Way
- School field trips
- Workforce readiness programs
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SUPERVALU Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.