SVP Wood Award
Society of Vertebrate Paleontology
Grant amount: US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The purpose of this Society shall be to:
- Advance the science of vertebrate paleontology throughout the world;
- Serve the common interests and facilitate the cooperation of all persons concerned with the history, evolution, ecology, comparative anatomy and taxonomy of vertebrate animals, as well as the field occurrence, collection and study of fossil vertebrates and the stratigraphy of the beds in which they are found;
- Support and encourage the discovery, conservation, and protection of vertebrate fossils and fossil sites;
- Foster the scientific, educational, and personal appreciation and understanding of vertebrate fossils and fossil sites by avocational, student and professional paleontologists and the general public.
The Wood Award named in honor of Dr. Albert E. Wood, is to support student research that involves museum and university vertebrate fossil and/or natural history collections. Proposals must be for collection-based work on some aspect of vertebrate evolution, with special attention given to those that greatly enhance the value of fossil material already residing in collections.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicant and sponsor must be current SVP members.
- You will not be able to apply for the award unless your membership is current in the system.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SVP Wood Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.