SWG Pruitt Minority Fellowships
Society of Woman Geographers (SWG)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $4,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 15, 2019
Applicant type: Masters Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada, United States
Location of citizenship: Canada, United States
Gender restriction: Female
Exclusive to minorities: YesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Society of Woman Geographers (SWG) Evelyn L. Pruitt National Minority Fellowship is made possible by a generous bequest from Ms. Evelyn L. Pruitt. Ms. Pruitt was a research geographer with the United States Navy. Her work greatly advanced the study of coastal environments and the use of remote sensing in geography from the 1940s into the 1970s.
Successful applicants for the Pruitt National Minority Fellowship must demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, strong interest in geography, and promise of future accomplishments in their discipline. A review committee will select applicants to receive this fellowship based on the overall quality of the application.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This fellowship is available only to citizens of the U.S. and Canada.
- Women are eligible to apply who are currently seniors, graduates of colleges and universities in the United States and Canada, or currently enrolled in a Masters program.
- SWG invites applications for this fellowship from female students who are members of a minority group: Hispanic, Black or African-American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander or Hawaiian Native.
- Minority women who have been admitted to and plan to enroll or are enrolled in a Masters program in geography or a related field are eligible to apply.
- The competition is open to candidates in all geographical specialties.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the SWG Pruitt Minority Fellowships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.