Systematics Research Fund
Grant amount: £500 - £1,500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Councils of the Linnean Society and the Systematics Association jointly administer the SRF fund.
Typical activities supported include contributions to fieldwork expenditure, the purchase of scientific equipment or expertise (e.g. buying time on analytical equipment), specimen preparation (including the cost of temporary technical assistance), and contributions to publication costs. However, please note that we are unable to fund the cost of article publication charges. Projects of a more general or educational nature will also be considered, provided that they include a strong systematics component.
Successful projects are selected by a panel of systematists who represent a wide range of conceptual interests and taxonomic groups. The value of any single award will not exceed £1500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications of all nationalities are welcome but applicants must be a member of the Systematics Association or Linnean Society of London.
- Projects of a more general or educational nature will also be considered, provided that they include a strong systematics component.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Generally applications in the range of £500-£1,000 are preferred.
- Projects already substantially funded by other bodies may be disadvantaged.
- Please note that we are unable to fund the cost of article publication charges.
- Typical activities not supported include attendance at scientific meetings and contributions to student maintenance or tuition fees.
- The fund does not provide payments for Bench Fees.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Systematics Research Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.