Tahoe Fund Grant
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $1,000,000
Deadline: Jan 31, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alpine County, El Dorado County, Placer County, Counties in Nevada: Carson City, Douglas County, Washoe County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Tahoe Fund supports projects that will improve Lake Tahoe’s environment by enhancing the water quality of the Lake, restoring watersheds, providing healthier forests that reduce the risk of wildfire, improving transportation and fostering outdoor recreation. We also seek to build a greater sense of stewardship in the Tahoe Basin.
We are currently seeking Signature and Premier Projects with fundraising goals of $5,000-$1,000,000. Please see our project portfolio for examples of other Tahoe Fund Signature and Premier projects.
- Projects should have high appeal to the private sector.
- Tahoe Fund grants are intended to leverage existing levels of federal, state, and local funding. Project requests cannot be a substitute for the base operational budgets of these entities.
- Tahoe Fund projects must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes and regulations, and should contribute to the attainment of one or more TRPA thresholds (water quality, air quality, soil conservation, scenic quality, recreation, fisheries, wildlife, noise, vegetation preservation).
- The Tahoe Fund seeks projects that have completed the environmental review process for the Signature and Premier projects.
- The Tahoe Fund is focused on expanding stewardship of the region, and will consider projects that focus on large-scale stewardship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Tahoe Fund projects must be in the Tahoe Basin and should be consistent with the program level priorities established as part of the 2008-2018 Environmental Improvement Program (EIP) Update, and hence will contribute towards the private share of funding for the EIP.
- Tahoe Fund does not provide funding for activities or projects that are generally viewed as the base operation and maintenance responsibilities of the requesting entity.
- With the notable exception of stewardship/interpretation projects, the Tahoe Fund will generally not include funding requests for planning, design, or other preconstruction activities, or for maintenance and monitoring of projects in its portfolios of Signature and Premier Projects.
- The Fund will not select projects that address the mitigation requirements of private projects.
- K-12 programs are not currently being considered.
- Indirect costs cannot exceed 5%.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Tahoe Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.