Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation Grants
Tahoe Mountain Resorts FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2020 12:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Nevada County, Placer County
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save
About this funder:
The Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation was formed by Mountainside Builders to enhance the communities of Old Greenwood, Gray’s Crossing and Northstar, and support regional environmental, educational, athletic and cultural endeavors. Simply put, the Foundation cultivates our region’s vital spirit and augments the efforts of private business and public office. From funding world-class cultural activities and environmental projects to supporting local at-risk youth programs and disabled sports, the Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation is helping to color the Truckee-Tahoe region’s bright future.
In 2019, more than $350,000 in grants and scholarships were awarded in support of 31 Tahoe-Truckee area non-profit organizations and programs, local students and community events. Organizations the Foundation has contributed to through its annual grant cycle exemplify the Foundation’s commitment to improving the quality of life in the Tahoe-Truckee community, with special focus on local youth and environmental programs.
Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation Grant Guidelines
The communities of Tahoe Mountain Resorts were created by Mountainside Partners with a commitment to achieving the highest standards of ecological and social responsibility. These year-round resort communities employ environmentally conscious practices rarely applied on such a comprehensive basis in real estate development. The Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation (TMRF) was created along with the TMR Environmental Fund and three community specific foundations as a medium to meet and exceed this commitment. The community specific foundations are the Gray’s Crossing Community Foundation, the Old Greenwood Community Foundation and the Northstar Community Foundation.
The Truckee-North Tahoe area is a vibrant community, one that is continually energized by its most valuable natural resource: its people. We all treasure the lifestyle that the high Sierra provides, no matter whether it is for a weekend or a lifetime. Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation and its associated foundations are dedicated to sustaining and enhancing this lifestyle from an educational, cultural, athletic and community-based perspective, enriching the mind, body and soul of the entire community. By supporting and enhancing what private business and public office cannot, the Foundations cultivate the vital spirit that is the Sierra.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All 501c3 non-profits can submit grant requests.
- Organizations submitting a grant request must serve the North Tahoe region.
- Specifically, the geographic areas of Truckee, Donner Summit, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar and the north shore of Lake Tahoe.
- All grant requests should:
- Be achievable and not beyond expectations for success
- Accomplish a specific civic and/or community benefit
- Have a detailed plan for funding and generating results
- TMRF’s charter will not allow grants for the following:
- Any lobbying, legislative, political campaigns or legal action activities Individuals or private Foundations.
- Projects that have been completed.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- We do not support individuals or political organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.