TCA Texas Arts Create 3 Grant
Texas Commission On The Arts
Next predicted deadline: Mar 15, 2025
Later predicted deadlines: Mar 15, 2027, Mar 15, 2029, Mar 15, 2031
Grant amount: More than US $3,000
Fields of work: Art & Culture
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit, College / University
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Texas
Location of residency: Texas
Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA)
The mission of the Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA) is to advance our state economically and culturally by investing in a creative Texas. TCA supports a diverse and innovative arts community in Texas, throughout the nation and internationally by providing resources to enhance economic development, arts education, cultural tourism and artist sustainability initiatives.
Arts Create Grants
Intent: To advance the creative economy of Texas by investing in arts organizations.
This program provides multi-year operational support. Applicants write their grant for a one year period, and if funded, will provide an update for the second year. Depending on the availability of funds, the organization's award amount will be the same for two fiscal years. New organizations may only apply in odd numbered years.
Arts Create 3
Arts Create 3 supports Established Arts Organizations with a budget between $1 million and $5 million. Requests up to 25% of an organization's last completed year's cash operating budget may be considered.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Arts Create 3 is for Established Arts Organizations with a budget between $1 million and $5 million.
- To be eligible for TCA grants, an organization must:
- be a tax-exempt nonprofit organization as designated by the Internal Revenue Service and/or must be an entity of government
- have their eligibility status established with the TCA prior to the deadline day; know that it can take two weeks or more to get confirmation from the IRS of nonprofit status and 990 financial information which may be required for categorization
- inform TCA if they believe their eligibility status has changed
- be incorporated in Texas
- have fulfilled all its outstanding contractual obligations to the State of Texas (i.e. taxes, etc.) comply with regulations pertaining to federal grant recipients including Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Education Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- The Commission will not fund the following:
- Grants that exceed 25% of the organization's previous year's cash operating revenues
- Social functions, parties, receptions, fundraisers, or galas
- Operating expenses for home offices
- Operating expenses for state operated facilities including, but not limited to, salary support and facility costs
- Activities for which college or university students receive academic credit
- Projects at colleges and universities that serve mostly students and faculty, with minimal or no community involvement
- Projects by privately owned for-profit corporations
- Financing of political activities
- Retroactive funding
- Debt reduction
- Projects, productions, workshops and/or programs that include obscene material as defined in Section 43.21, Penal Code of Texas.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”