TCEF: The Fund for Women & Girls Grant
The Foundation for Enhancing CommunitiesSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Cumberland County, Dauphin County, Franklin County, Lebanon County, Perry County, York County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Cumberland County, Dauphin County, Franklin County, Lebanon County, Perry County, York County Show all
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The mission of The Fund for Women & Girls, a special initiative of The Foundation for Enhancing Communities, is to broaden the awareness of and response to issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy. Created in 2000, The Fund for Women & Girls has been working for nearly two decades to broaden the awareness of and respond to issues affecting women and girls through the power of collective philanthropy and continues to strengthen its primary goals:
- To recruit 1,000 women to join the Dream Team by each making a gift of $1,000 which will be used to create a lasting endowment of $1 million to support women and girls now, and far into the future.
- Make grants annually to local nonprofit organizations that focus on bettering the lives of women and girls in the South Central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, and Perry, and the Dillsburg Area.
The Fund for Women & Girls believes that positive social change will come about only when barriers of class, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, educational background, faith traditions, gender identity, race, and sexual orientation are overcome. Participation at the broadest level is the beacon of our work.
Enduring progress will be made by focusing on assets unique to the lives and work of women and girls. We strive to create a climate of empowerment in a community where many voices can contribute to the shaping of will and attitudes.
In our society, gender powerfully affects experience and opportunity. All voices will be heard, including those outside the mainstream and those silent voices within the mainstream.
To further its mission, The Fund for Women & Girls utilizes three Funding Priorities which seek to support projects that advance the lives of girls and women by:
- Providing opportunities to address basic needs or develop economic self-sufficiency;
- Strengthening and/or providing health and safety programs for women and girls;
- Promoting the education of women and girls.
Size of Grants
The maximum grant is $3,000. In 2018 grant awards ranged from $1,000-$3,000. Grants are awarded for one year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fund for Women & Girls will make grants to programs/initiatives that serve women and girls in the South Central PA counties of Dauphin, Cumberland, Franklin, Lebanon, Perry, and the Dillsburg Area of York County.
- All money must be distributed through nonprofit organizations federally determined as 501(c)(3) entities.
- Applicants without 501(c)(3) status may engage a fiscal sponsor to administer their grant funds.
- Funds are to be used to carry out the program effort or initiative as defined in the grant proposal.
- The Women’s Fund considers support for program/initiative operating costs and supports start-up as well as established programs.
- Only projects taking place during the grant year beginning January 1 and ending December 31 will be considered for this round of funding.
- What we do not fund
- Advancement of capital or endowment campaign.
- Anti-reproductive rights activities.
- Co-educational programs that do not clearly communicate the specific and unique aspects for women and girls.
- Event sponsorship.
- Political campaigns or promotion of candidates for public office.
- Promotion of religious beliefs.
- Scholarships that fund individual students.
- In addition, in alignment with TFEC guidelines, this grant opportunity does not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the TCEF: The Fund for Women & Girls Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.